I am not sure what to say - my last post was apologetic for failing to post more often... then I discovered this post had been written, but never actually posted. My excuse is I really wanted to attach some pictures, but it seems I still haven't so I am going to post it anyway. This was drafted in the middle of August - and here we are in the middle of September. Better late than never right!?!?!?
We are little behind in posting regarding our activities. It has been a busy month!
The BIGGEST news is that Hyat is crawling. I sorry to report his so late as he started crawling a little over two weeks ago. Not only is he crawling, but he also love to pull himself up to standing and is starting to cruise holding onto furniture. He is really a lot of fun now that he is mobile, but like so many have told us it is a lot more work. You can't just sit him down and find him right where you left him anymore! He also loves to climb on us so we spend a lot of time playing on the floor.
We also started out the month with me turning 30! I was little hesitant about the big 30, but soon realized that I have so much to be thankful for in my life - I really couldn't complain. I have a wonderful husband, a sweet baby boy, a generous and loving family, countless friends, and a great job. With so many blessing I will just welcome 30 and all the joy that is to come. I had a great day, even though I had to work. Buck sent me some beautiful flowers and took Hyat and I to dinner with friends.
Right after my birthday, Buck and I get to celebrate our anniversary. SIX years so far and we are still loving it. It is hard to believe that it has only been six years or is it that it already has been six years. It has been a ride - moving to Montana, law school, moving to Bozeman, finding "real" jobs, buying a house, having a baby! Wow - it has been a really good six years! We are looking forward to the years to come.
We have also had a some time to get out and fish. First, Buck and I took a float trip on the Yellowstone a little over a week ago. We enjoyed a beautiful Montana day and some time one on one (Hyat stayed and played with my mom)! However, I am embarrassed to admit that we got skunked. Sigh, it was good day, but I really would have enjoyed catching a fish! And check out the view!
We also made it out last weekend with our friends Karley and Weston. This time Hyat came along. We had a much better day fishing. Though we didn't catch anything big (and I missed my fair share - much to Buck's dismay) we brought plenty of fish to the boat. Hyat also had a great time with us and really enjoyed playing in the sand. He wasn't too excited about getting rinsed off in the river, but it was little bit chilly! We like to call him our Super Trooper because he does so well on our adventures and we are thankful we don't have to give up the things we enjoy. He was tired by the end of the day and we all slept well that night.
I can't forget to mention that my dad is back in town. As many of you know he spent a large part of the summer in Durango working on the train. We are glad to have him back and even welcomed him back by having dinner at his house on Friday night so he could see us! That lucky guy! We are excited to get him out to enjoy some of the final days of his first Montana summer! And I think my mom is really glad she won't be mowing the lawn anymore this year!
Wow! I think that catches us up on what is going on for the Reeces in Bozeman, Montana. All in all we are just enjoying another wonderful summer and watching Hyat grow! We really hope you are doing well. Keep in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment