Friday, October 10, 2008

Life in Montana

Hi!

Just wanted to update you on life in Montana for the Reeces! Things are going well, but have been busy. However, busy seems to be a pretty regular theme for us these days.

Let's see where to start!

Two weekends ago we went camping with our friends Mitch and Jacey and their daughter Morgan. We had a really great time. We got out for a nice hike and then enjoyed a campfire, good company and fresh air. It was great to get some time with Mitch and Jace as they will be moving to South Dakota after Christmas. It will be sad to see a dear friend move away and one of Hyat's buddies too. A lot of our time was spent cleaning out kiddos mouths after they were eating rocks and dirt or chewing on sticks! I will have to get some photos posted of Morgan (16 mos) and Hyat (11mos). They were just too cute!

Then last weekend Buck went bow hunting with friends. He, Cal and Lee went camping over by Pony, MT to chase elk. While he was off in search of meat for our freezer, I headed up to Helena to visit some great friends from law school. Hyat and I had a great time. Hyat was really spoiled! My friend, Graden has two little girls Aase (7) and Astri (almost 4). They played with Hyat and gave him more love (hugs and kisses) that any little boy know what to do with. It was great to catch up. Again, I will do my best to get some photos up soon!

After our weekend, Buck was off to Spokane, WA for work. Ugh! I had a tremendous amount of help from my folks with Hyat (thank goodness)! I had a really busy week at work too - I had to travel up to White Sulphur Springs to visit a ranch and had depositions! But Buck is back know and Hyat and I were happy to see him.

Currently it is 34 degrees and snowing in Bozeman! We have a winter storm warning in effect with up to 12 inches of snow in town and 30 inches in the mountains! Hard to believe - It might be an early winter in Montana. Prior to this storm we were having really great fall weather. I won't complain to much - it looks like it could be a great ski season!

Hope this finds you well! Hugs!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you took Hyat camping. It's hard at this age with all the dirt eating and diaper changing. It does get more fun, but I love teaching my kids about things I love. I hope you have a good winter!! Before you know it, you'll be teaching him to ski.