Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Time is flying (again)

Hi all! Here is a much needed update:

We had a wonderful Christmas in Bozeman, Montana. This was the first time since Buck and I had been married that we had a Christmas in our own house. It was really nice to not be traveling this time of year. Buck, Hyat and I were joined by Enid, James and Summer and had a wonderful Christmas together. I promise to get some photos up before long. Hyat had a great time, but actually lost interest in opening presents before his job was done! And, quite honestly, was just as interested in the wrapping, bows and cardboard boxes as anything else. Regardless, it was great to celebrate with him and he was a joy to have around that day. On top of everything, he did get spoiled too! I will get some photos posted soon!

As many of you know, my dad had a planned surgery on December 22. So he was still in the hospital on Christmas day. He did get out on that Friday and his recovery continues to go well!

Following Christmas we had a nice long weekend, where we got to relax and enjoy Montana. Christmas night we had gotten quite a bit of snow so that weekend we put on the cross county skis, packed up Hyat and the dogs and went for an adventure. The trail we picked as not as skier friendly as some, but it was still well worth it.

On New Year's Eve we were fortunate to be joined by our friends from Boise, ID - Whitney and Todd and their new baby Flynn. Whit and I went to law school together so our friends Winston and Chris and their new baby Lucy and Mitch (of Jacey, Mitch and Morgen) also came over for dinner. It was really great to see the little ones and to catch up with Whitney and Todd. It was a nice quite evening for us, though Buck did sneak out and ring the New Year downtown. The rest of us were in bed well before midnight!

This last weekend, Buck and I got our for our first downhill ski day with friends Karley and Weston. We had a great blue bird day! It was their third day skiing, so they didn't beat up on us too bad!

Now it is just back to work! This month is going to be a little hectic as I am hoping to make a trip to Durango/Telluride to ski with friend Erin Hyder (it will be my first overnight away from Hyat)! And Buck has to go to Dallas for a week for work training. Otherwise, things look like they will slide right back into a routine for 2009!

We hope you all had a marvelous New Year's celebration and that 2009 brings you wonderful memories and many joys. I promise a bunch of pictures in my next post!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Have fun in D-town. Good for you for taking some time for yourself. It's hard to leave your little one, but I'm sure it will be worth it! I was in bed before midnight too. I feel totally lame about it now. I was just SO tired. Oh well.