For Easter we had the ambitious approach of going to the 8 a.m. service. This meant we were up and at it early. We had the kids dressed and ready to go when we came downstairs and they discovered their baskets. The Easter baskets were waiting for them downstairs with a note from the Easter Bunny that telling Hyat and Embrie he had hid all their Easter eggs at Grandma and Grandpa's house! They didn't have much time to investigate their goodies so we loaded them up and took them with us. Church was great, but there was no Sunday School for the early service, so it was interesting to have Hyat and Embrie hanging with us. They loved the music and really did pretty well overall. After Church we had plans to head out to my parents to spend the day - Not only was it Easter Sunday, but we were also celebrating my Mom's birthday.



After Church we rolled out to my parent's house for breakfast and Easter fun - things like egg hunts and relaxing! The kids also finally got to dive into their baskets and discover their treasures. Yes, they were spoiled, but I think things like sidewalk chalk, fishing rods and bubbles far exceed a basket full of candy! From here simply get ready to experience an onslaught of cuteness. Yes, my kids are cute enough to post about 20 pictures depicting their cuteness on Easter. They are particularly cute dressed up.
Speaking of dressing up, here is a tangent for you. Shortly before Easter I was sorting through Embrie's dresses to determine if she could wear the dress she had on (one worn by me when I was her age at Easter many moons ago), Hyat wanted to know if he could dress up for Easter too and I told him yes. At that point I made a mental note to get fabric to make him a tie. I later bought the fabric and sought out another pattern for a boy's tie. I have made about 4 ties in his short life and all have been flops for various reasons - they have all been worn and Hyat was adorable, but usually only after they were rigged with safety pins or something because they did not quite work out. (Tangent to my tangent - do not make a necktie out of corduroy and tie it on your son. The corduroy will later refuse to slide to release the knot and your husband may utilize his brute strength to literally tear it off your son's neck). So I have plans to make a tie. These plans are solidified when out shopping and Hyat asked me for a "boydress." He wanted a dress to dress up in it for boys. I explained boys dress up in button downs and ties - so we buy him a button down shirt to wear with his tie. Now we get to Saturday night and it is late, time-for-us-to-go-home-and-put-the-kids-to-bed-late. My mom and I realize that I have failed to make Hyat's tie as promised. A promise is a promise and with my mother's help we cranked out that tie in no time. (Thanks mom, you are yet again a life saver). We headed home and I only a few things to do to finish the tie. As you will see, it got done (at least enough to be totally functional)!
And now for the cuteness:
 |
| Sporting a vintage dress! |
 |
| So excited about our own Easter egg hunt. |
 |
More worried about carrying around the fishing pole and basket
than looking for eggs. |
 |
| The age of carrying stuff... |
 |
| Finding an egg! |
 |
| Hunting for eggs - and carrying stuff... |
 |
| Finding an egg! |
 |
| Handsome 'lil devil! |
 |
| Yup, he's cute! |
 |
| Stopping for a picture, but not happy about it! |
 |
| Cute, cute, cute! |
 |
| Trying to take a sibling picture... |
 |
| Embrie is not interested in her brother's love today... |
 |
| This is as good as it gets! Still love em! |
 |
| And the picture posing breakdown point! |
Needless to say, Easter was a success - all it takes is a couple of cute kids who have a blast hunting eggs (over and over and over and over again)! I will admit it even got to point that Hyat was hiding his own eggs!
1 comment:
I am not prejudiced... These are two of the CUTEST little people I have EVER seen. Maybe tied for cuest by their mom and Aunt Cindy!
Post a Comment