Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hyat turns FOUR!

 
As summer came to a late in Montana, Hyat's 4th birthday was right around the corner.  As he had been requesting for an entire year, we got ready for a rocket/glow-in-the-dark stars birthday party!

We couldn't pass up another birthday party at Chico Hot Springs.  Last year, after making our reservation for Hyat's party, I felt like it hadn't really mattered that I had a reservation. I don't say that in a bad way, just that the easy going nature of Chico and our family made it easy and the details of a reservation didn't matter much.  So this year, when I realized that though it had been on my to-do list for weeks, I had not made a reservation I was not worried.  That is, I was not worried until we arrived at Chico and quickly realized that another kiddo birthday party was also descending on the pool. Now the swimming part was not an issue you could have multiple swimming parties at once, the only issue was going to be the restaurant space.  Now feeling like a terrible mom, I had to figure out what to do next. I had a small spat with Buck, who I did not feel like was being helpful (but really I was just feeling like a bad mom).  Then I went in and talked with the restaurant folks.  They were as helpful as they could be, but were really limited on space based on the other party (which, of course, did have a reservation).  However, once I got out of the pool, I realized that it was actually pretty nice outside... Thank you Montana for a long and glorious fall.  So, our problem was solved - we would just party outside. In the end it worked out just fine... and if I hadn't admitted it here, Hyat would never know the difference. He was a happy kid.
Yup, swimming at Chica and turning 4!
The goods! 
There are candles... Just no flames!
It was a little to windy, so Hyat just had to blow quickly...
a little too quick for the camera
Birthday Cake!
After the swimming, we turned to pizza, cake and presents.  We are so blessed with friends and family. I love that Hyat had his friends there to share this day with, but that we were also blessed to have many of our friends there (even lot's of them without kids).  We are fortunate to have so much love and support for our kids!
Ava diving into her cupcake.  She is one
of Hyat's many admirers.
Megan... Hyat is one of her admirers....
Sweet sister Embrie, going for the star sprinkles.
Hyat's friend Mackenzie from school - this sweet girl is a fish!
Thanks Austin and Dee!
Something is exciting!
Thanks Weston, Karley and Hazen!
Neal helping Hyat learn the ways of the marshmellow shooter!
Sweet birthday boy - we love you!
Dad and Hyat
(Thanks Waylon and Leighshelle for  the transformer)!
Sweet Dee and Hazen!
Oh Karley - It wouldn't be a party without you!
Balloons an necessity for kid parties - they are always a hit!
Happy Birthday! We love you!

No comments: