Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hyat's First Ski Trip



There are many things that I have been meaning to blog about, but the time has escaped me... But this is an exciting one! Back in January (I know time flies), Buck, Hyat and I took a trip to visit friends in Helena. Well, part of that trip was going to a small ski area (totally old-school Montana style) called Great Divide and taking Hyat skiing. The great part is that you could pay by the hour, so we didn't have to max him out. Mom had the honors of carrying him, because we are not quite sure how it would work out for Buck to carry him on a snowboard. We had a really great time. Hyat enjoyed it about 90% of the time. He really liked riding the chair lift (I would have to swing the pack around to my front to get on and sit down) and having our undivided attention. The only time Hyat was not so thrilled was in it got windy toward the end.

We also went with friends Graden and Jamul and their two daughters. It was blast to see Aase (7) and Astri (almost 4) ski. They are little rippers. Our great ski day ended with french fries and hot chocolate in the lodge before Buck and I headed back to Bozeman.

Just another one of Hyat's adverntures!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's awesome. That's so cool that you took him. I would have been nervous on the chairlift! I didn't know Buck snowboards. No wonder you fell in love with him!