Monday, February 2, 2009

Trying to keep up...

Because I haven't posted for awhile, I am skipping over some great events like Hyat first ski trip, but I PROMISE I will still post about it - I just really want to show you all the pics too...

So what's happing with the Reeces? Things have been pretty hectic....

Two weekends ago Jeni made a trip to Durango to visit her dear friend Erin Hyder. And she went alone! This was my first time away from Hyat for an overnighter. . . I left on Friday morning and got back late, late, late Sunday. I had a great time in Durango completely free from responsibility. Erin and I really enjoyed the time skiing, playing guitar hero, doing absolutely nothing, going out to eat at all my favorite Durango places, and even going to a movie. Thank God for good friends and a much needed mom break. I even got to see my sister while I was down there as she skied with us on Saturday. It was one of those uneventful, but really good trips. I did miss Buck and Hyat something fierce!

From all reports Buck and Hyat also had a great weekend - they got in some father-son male bonding. I sure they played hard while I was gone. Buck really stepped it up and even painted our bedroom to suprise me. We painted our bedroom when we first moved in then bought our bedroom furniture and it has never been quite right. So I finally picked a new color, but we hadn't got around to painting yet. I came home late Sunday night, so it was quite a suprise Monday morning when I finally realized what had changed! Thanks sweetie!

Buck and I were actually like two ships passing in the night. I got home late Sunday night and Buck left for Dallas early Monday morning. He was off to Dallas for a Company sales meeting and was gone until Thursday night. I think Dallas was as good as it could be for a sales meeting.

We were all happy to be reunited as a family on Thursday night when Buck got home. This weekend was quiet just getting caught up around the house and spending some time together as a family.

Now we are back to Monday and the regular grind of life. . . I think things should be pretty mellow, other than the usual busy pace of our lives. However, Buck's birthday is coming up, so I think that should be exciting - he is going to be 31!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you got to go to D-town and got a break. Good for you. And there is NOTHING wrong with 31. Be careful what you say! :)