Monday, July 13, 2009

Reece Family Status

As you have not gotten news of a new addition, you all realize I am still pregnant. I shouldn't stay "still" because I have not even reached my due date. But alas, I say still. I say still because for at least the last week and really even longer, everyone looks at me like I am this timebomb about to go off. Maybe I do look that way... okay I know I do, but I could easily be pregnant for another two weeks and I really might go postal with all of the comments between now and then.

Here is list of those that I can remember from the weekend...
1. You need to go for a motorcycle ride.
2. Try driving a bumpy road.
3. Please do not have that baby while you are here.
4. You must be miserable.
5. When are you due?
6. You should sit down in your "condition."
7. Drink castor oil.
8. At least you are a cute pregnant lady.
9. That must be really uncomfortable.

You get the idea. I have always wondered why pregnancy made you a target for complete strangers to talk to you, and more particularly, to want to discuss intimate details of their lives or yours. I have always just attributed it to the miracle of life and that pregnancy really is just a magical thing, so I tolerate it. However, please do not walk up to me in the grocery store and tell me that I must be miserable. Seriously, who wants to be told they look miserable? Well, 16 days until my due date. I guess I will just buckle in for the ride and see how much longer it lasts!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Thinking about you and that new life inside you in these remaining days, JR!