Buck's birthday weekend continued after we got back from our Boulder Hot Springs trip. That night he continued tradition and went to the National Wild Turkey Federation banquet. Last year he bought be a bow, which I am grateful for - but this year he went with a strict NO BUYING rule. We had, however, agreed that he could enter various raffles. At some point during the evening I got a text message stating "don't hate me." To which I responded, "what did you buy?" The good news is that he did not BUY anything so our marriage in intact. The slightly bum news was the price of the raffle tickets had gone up. He compensated for that by winning a gun - a 22-250. For a guy that doesn't win these things much, he has accumulated 2 guns from this tradition, so I imagine he will go next year... Enough about that.
We were fortunate to have an invite over to Weston and Karley's for dinner on Sunday night, Buck's birthday. The best part was when accepting the invite, I was able to inform Weston of the magnitude of the invite as it was Buck's birthday! To say the least, they did not disappoint! Dinner was delicious and the company was magnificent. That meant all I had to do was bake I cake and I can handle that. I went with a lemon cake with lemon curd, candied lemons and whipped frosting (are you catching a theme there - safe to say my man likes lemon)! The kids helped with the decorating and, of course, the candles!
Happy birthday to my sweet hubby - I love you!
 |
| That is a whole lot of crab! Thanks Maatmans for sharing! |
 |
| Weston doing dinner prep. |
 |
The company - Weston's sister, husband and son were visiting -
It was great to see them and their little guy! |
 |
| Boys checking out Buck's recent win... (this is the only gun pic I have) |
 |
| It was his birthday - he didn't have to be a good influence! |
 |
| Decorating! |
 |
| I have the best help in the cake decorating business! |
 |
Such a good helper - I think at this point Embrie was up to her
elbows in frosting and no longer interested in decorating! |
 |
| Taking a break from cake duty to snuggle this little one! |
 |
While we finished eating Hyat was on bink (a/k/a pacifier) and blanket duty.
He kept Hazen,binked, blanketed and happy! |
 |
| Lighting the candles, there were so many the birthday boy had to help! |
 |
| Happy number 33, er I mean 23, we love you! |
 |
| Getting ready to blow those candles out! |
 |
| Good thing you had help! |
Thanks for being such a wonderful husband, jokester, father, tickler-torturer, lover, friend, goofball and just the best. I love you more than you know and we are so lucky to have you. Happy Birthday - I hope you enjoyed it!
P.S. All photo credit goes to Karley - many, many thanks to that gal for always being armed with a camera when I need it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment