Friday, October 14, 2011

New York - Gone Fishing!


One of our many adventures while we were in New York was to go fishing.  You know the Reece family we will fish anywhere.  We did some research and found a guide that was not only willing to take 6 adults, but also our 2 littles out to see.  With an early start we drove out to Montauk and hopped on the boat.  For all of the worries about how the kids would do on the boat, they were fantastic.  I think the hardest part was them having to wear their life jackets for 8 hours!
Enjoying our boat ride...
Embrie loving the wind in her hair!
We started out fishing for fluke and sea bass... Everybody was catching and the kids were enjoying all the action. 
Two sweet kids - I am so thankful they enjoy our adventures!
There were some tough moments, but all in all the kids did great.

Not sure why I am sitting down....
But it didn't matter because I was reeling in another one!
Buck working his magic...
When your child looks like this he needs a nap!
At some point I looked over was beginning to realize that between the boat, the sun and sea my kiddos were exhausted.  I got them to snuggle up with me in the cabin and they both fell asleep.  I was then completely pinned for the duration of their nap.  In part, because I didn't dare try to escape because they needed some rest and also because I was little afraid the rocking of the boat would send them tumbling.
Snuggles with Gpa - I think this is post nap.
Part of our boat ride - look Grandma was there!
After we had enough fluke and sea bass we changed our target to striped bass and did some trolling. We didn't leave enough time, so only my dad and sister had a chance.  They both caught fish.  If we were to do it again, I think this would be the majority of our day.  It was hard because only one person was fishing at a time, but the excitement was worth it.

Grandpa reeling his catch in!
There it is...
Cindy's turn...
Another nice one!
Hyat taking in all the action...
Here are the post action shots of our catch! We brought home plenty of fish and enjoyed eating it while we were there!




And the information you didn't want, but I feel I must document... there were 2 pukers, and none of them were named REECE!

No comments: