Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer is here...

I guess one might say we had a short spring, but I am not sure we had a spring at all. It snowed last week and at one point when I looked out my window it was definitely blowing sideways. Then, this weekend, we hit the 80s and it appears that summer is upon us. Since I have been praying for warmer weather, I will have to do my best to not complain that it is now too hot! We will see how long that lasts.

This weekend was a simple weekend around the Reece house. Buck went fishing on the Big Hole on Saturday. From the sounds of it it was an excellent day. I will see about getting him to post some pictures. He got back a wee bit later than planned on Saturday night. At the end of the float, they realized that his friend Nate, who had helped run shuttle, had left the truck keys in the other vehicle. That is they were at the take out, but the keys they needed were at the put in. Whoops! Nate started walking hoping to hitch-hike back up to the put in. He ended up walking 3 or 4 miles without a car going by (rural Montana at 8 or 9 p.m.) until the next river take out where he finally found some folks to give him a ride. Regardless, it delayed their return a wee bit, but they eventually made it home safe and sound!

While Buck was fishing Hyat and I enjoyed the warm weather. We did a little yard work, but mostly played outside. I finally got my bike down and all set to go for the summer so we took a little ride to a park and let Hyat play. He loves to swing. I think, had I let him, he would have spent hours swinging in the sunshine. But you can't really blame him!

Sunday we did yard work. That has been a theme for our weekends lately. We are really trying to get on top of our yard for the first time. Because we got the basic contractor landscaping when we bought our house, it has never really been much to look at and definitely needed a little attention. We have done little projects over the few years we have been there, but never really put our backs into it. So this spring we are really taking it on. So far we had organized the garage, planted and fenced the garden, down general spring yard clean-up and added two large flower beds in the back. Then on Sunday we power raked the lawn and got it mowed and trimmed. Then we dismantled part of our patio that is completed out of pavers. It was really uneven and we had a plethora of weeds and grass in the cracks. Then Monday evening we got more sand down, got it leveled and put back together. We were working past 9 (which is generally past my bedtime), but it was nice to get that final project done. Buck has been a real trooper for me. Though I help as much as I can, with this belly my assistance is definitely limited. So I am really thankful for all the time he has put into our projects. I also know we were quite pleased to be able to check that final item off the list.

Speaking of this belly - so far so good. I very thankful that my pregnancies have been easy. I find it interesting that this kiddo is already very different. This one is just different than Hyat was in the womb! We will if that holds true once baby no. 2 is here. And for all you that keep nagging me - I will try to post a belly pic in the near future. But you won't be surprise to see that I look pregnant (hee hee)!

1 comment:

The Hyders said...

LET'S SEE THE BELLY!!!!