Friday, May 8, 2009

Garden planting and a visit from Great Grandma

Well, we have officially gotten our garden in. We have the seeds I planted a couple of weeks ago: lettuce, spinach, carrots, squash and peas and have now added our starter plants (yes, we are cheaters) of: tomatos, cucumbers, peppers, onions, strawberries and a bunch of herbs. Plus, my back flower beds are planted: tulips, irises, galdiolus, and day lillies. For some reason the dogs love the bed with my irises and are causing some trouble, but those plants are hearty so hopefully I will still get a few blooms. I also want to plant marigolds. I had this idea last summer to plant birth flowers for each of us. But never quite got around to it. I love irises which is Buck's birth flower, mine is the gladiolus and Hyat's is the marigold or calendula. I am not going to speculate for baby no. 2 since that birth is currently scheduled so close to the end of July. I also still need to work on our front flower bed. But since that bed is on the north side of the house, I have only had limited days it is not covered in snow! But I have all my new flowers for it purchased and ready to go. Last weekend we went to a greenhouse and bought our garden plants and flowers. The place is amazing. It is huge! We took a few pics so I will get them posted soon.

In other news, my grandmother from NY is here to visit. Hyat has had a ton of fun showing off all his tricks for his GREAT Grandma. We are super thankful to have her come out so we all get to see her. We had hoped to travel out to see her for the 4th of July this summer, but since I will be really ripe by then, we decided a trip across the country might be a wee bit much!

I promise pictures next time, since I know you all really just want to see Hyat!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Look at you and your green thumb!