So Buck made it Turkey hunting last weekend. He left on Thursday and returned on Sunday. First, he is to blame for the weather - as soon as he leaves for this spring turkey hunt it snows. It did the exact same thing last year! So we had snow for a few days while he was gone. The sun did come out on Saturday and Hyat and I got outside for a a bit and planted part of the garden. We got all our seeds in the ground (lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots and squash). For everything else, we will cheat and use starter plants (tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers, and our herbs). I also managed to get some more flowers planted. I love my new flower beds!
Unfortunately, after our sunny day on Saturday it has basically returned to winter here again. And today - we are facing snow and a winter weather advisory in effect until Thursday. Sigh... I love Montana - but sometimes the anticipation of spring actually arriving is a bit much. Maybe it will come in May! So anyway- rather than focus on my frustration with the weather and my deep seeded desire for some beautiful, warm (but not too hot), sunny days - I want to focus on a few things I am thankful for. I can attribute this to my friend KJ who every Friday blogs about a few things she loves. She has reminded me how important it is to reflect on what we have. So here goes... I am thankful for:
My sweet husband! I count my blessings that I am married to a man that helps me be the best wife, mother and attorney that I can be. He consistently supports me in my career and yet helps me find the balance I need to feel whole by being a devoted mother and a loving wife. I am thankful that he is always willing to make me smile and laugh even if he has to work really hard at it. I am thankful that he is willing to put everything aside and put me first if I need him to, but at the same time has the courage to remind me that I am strong woman and I am not dependant on him. I am thankful that he is a wonderful father and that he offers so much to Hyat (and baby number 2) that differs from what I have to give. I am thankful each day for his love. I love you sweetie!
Our growing boy - Hyat! I am thankful to be Hyat's mom. I am thankful that Hyat can finally say mama (it is often music to my ears - but not always)! I am thankful that he reminds us to enjoy the simple things in life like splashing in a puddle or a singe jelly bean in an Easter egg! I am thankful that I can provide a loving home to him and to help him grow and develop into the man he will be one day. I am thankful for his kisses, his hugs and his sweet smile. I am thankful for the kisses he blows to me each night when we put him to bed. I love you Hyat!
Our baby on the way! I am thankful for the privilege that Buck and I have to parent another child. I am thankful for the ability to provide a healthy place for the bambino to grow before entering this world. I am thankful for the ease of my pregnancy (please don't let that curse me)! I am thankful each time I feel that little miracle inside of me move and remind me its there. I love you baby!
And a few other things...
I am thankful for my parents and all of the love and support they provide.
I am thankful for my career and the challenge and balance it brings to my life.
I am thankful for good friends - near and far - and how they enrich who I am.
I am thankful for my crazy dogs (even when they track mud all over my house) for their devotion and companionship to our family.
I am thankful for a glass of cold milk and a good cookie!
I am even thankful for the snow - hopefully it means it won't be 110 degrees with raging forest fires in July when I am 8 months, 3 weeks, and 6 days pregnant.... See what a little perspective can do for you.
I am thankful for my Savior.
And, of course, I am thankful for all of you - for each relationship that we have enhances our life.
1 comment:
Love the post! It makes me feel good reading it! I'm thankful for you!! I'm glad you could get started on your garden. I think I might have to look for some pepper starter plants too. Hopefully spring will arrive soon!
Post a Comment