The next day we left Port Aransas and started our journey back to Uvalde via Mexico. We headed to Eagle Pass, Texas were we would cross the border into Mexico into Piedra Negras. I will admit that I was a little nervous going into Mexico in its current condition while I was pregnant and with Hyat. But my nervousness proved unfounded. We headed across the border and to this great restaurant El Medorno (sp?). It is a fancy Mexican restaurant for us it is really great food that is really affordable. And it proved to be delicious! They had the roaming guitar player that Hyat was really intrigued by so he kept coming to our table to play for and telling us we had a beautiful boy. He is right we do!
After lunch we shopped in the market where Buck bought me a beautiful iron cross. Then we hit the liquor store (the booze is super cheap). There we bought some good tequila for my birthday because I want to have a margarita party! (I have my fingers crossed I will be free to drink by then... our current due date is July 29, so potentially I could still be preggers!)
Us at the border! From there we headed back to Uvalde and Lillian's cooking!
No comments:
Post a Comment