Well our last day in Texas was off to an early start we had to leave Gene and Lillian's by 3:30 a.m. so Buck, Hyat and I could get to the San Antonio airport in time for our flight! Waking up Hyat at that hour makes you feel really bad. However, I think he complained less than the rest of us. We got to the airport and it was total madness - I was surprised for so early on a Saturday morning! But we got checked in and hit the line for security which was ridiculously long. Just as we were getting nervous about our making our flight the security people moved us into a separate line - for families with small children. So then we whizzed passed hundreds of people and got right through. When we got to our gate the madness continued and they had delayed flights because so many planes were using the same two gates. So all in all we had plenty of time. Because our seats weren't booked together we inquired about getting them switched and even though the flight was totally booked the gate agent worked magic and got it taken care of for us. Once we were on the plane Buck and I just wanted to pass out, but Hyat was keeping his eyes open. Buck finally fell asleep and shortly thereafter Hyat did too. I couldn't sleep because of how I was holding Hyat and I let his continued sleep trump. We made it to Denver and onto our flight home to Bozeman. Hyat continued to be a great traveler! He made friends with the flight attendant who played with him throughout the entire flight! Buck and I thought the flight from Denver to Bozeman was the longest flight EVER and were totally miserable and exhausted from a week of playing being up so early! However, I can't complain because we made it Bozeman and straight home and Hyat, Buck and I were all down for a nap by 10:30 a.m. (in part attributable to gaining an hour in time change on the way home)! At that point I had to feel terrible for my parents... When we called them after getting home they were still driving and to top that they were still in the state of Texas when we had made it all the way to Montana! They made Denver that night and then home the next day. . .
All in all it was great trip! Sorry no pictures this time... besides they wouldn't have been pretty!
Coming next: EASTER!!!
1 comment:
I bet that was a very long day. I'm glad Hyat traveled well. It's so fun to go on vacations but it's nice to come home too.
Post a Comment