The next day we got up early and headed to the docks. We had charted a boat to go red-fishing. My dad, Cindy, Jacob, Buck and I were all going. My mom was pulling Grandma duty and hanging out with Hyat. I was certainly thankful because it gave Hyat a little chance to catch up on some missed sleep over the last few days!
We were going to go out and fish in the flats found in the gulf. So off we went! We also enjoyed an amazing sun rise as we were headed out to our first fishing spot! First, I have to thank Buck for giving me his fishing mo-jo! Once we got out into the gulf the guide got us all set up. And the fishing began. I will just give you the quick summary: I caught the first fish, the biggest fish, and the most fish. So pretty much I took the cake. And hey, I am going to take the opportunity to brag because when you are married to Buck that is not usually the case! Like I said, thanks for the fishing mo-jo sweetie! Though we all had a lot of tugs, we only brought 6 or 7 fish to the boat. The first red I caught was too small to keep. My sister also caught a red that was too small to keep. Then I caught two reds that were a keepers. Yahoo! One of which was also the biggest fish of the day! My dad also caught a red that was keeper. We also caught the silly hardheads (which Cindy didn't touch). All in all a good day. We loved our guide he worked hard for us and even spent an extra hour on the water with us.
My first red - not a keeper! For you fisherman: Buck is cursing me for my lack of finesse in holding this fish. But, I am holding on tight to make sure it doesn't get away before my success is documented!
Here is the BIGGEST catch of the day! Again, I can take lessons in my presentation of the fish to camera!
Another one for Jeni!
Dad lands a KEEPER! (He had a ton of hook ups so it was great to get one the boat!)
After fishing we went to get some local fare for lunch. We had discovered this restaurant that is painted bright orange and was super laid back with good food so we headed that way. There were a lot of oysters on the half-shell consumed, shrimp and variety of fish. (I had a hamburger! Something about pregnancy and the smell of fish, just wouldn't let me stomach much of it.) Then the afternoon was spent relaxing. Most of the boys, okay all of the boys napped and us ladies went for a walk and did a little shopping. Then it was another dip in the pool and off to a delicious dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment