Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Last Day to Mess with Texas - Days 8

Day 8 was a quiet day around Gene and Lillian's as we prepared for our trip home. After getting up and having a great breakfast the boys and Cindy were off to fish a new tank. This time they were really going for catfish to put in Gene's tank for future fishing. At the same time, my mom and Lillian were off to town to go antique shopping. I was going to hang out with Hyat through nap time and work on getting us organized to leave the next day bright and early. After Hyat's nap I picked up my sister and we headed into town to meet my mom and Lillian. Once we got to town we had a delicious lunch and continued antique shopping! It was great fun. My mom purchased a few items including a gorgeous trunk. I made one purchase - a light fixture for over my kitchen table. It was not the most practical purchase as my parents had to get it back to Montana in one piece for me. Because of the car situation there was not even room for my mom's trunk, so it is still in Texas. My dad will have to bring it home on the next trip! After all the fun in town, my mom and dad went to a Pecan store and bought some more goodies. We definitely returned home with more than we left with. It was then a mellow evening and Hyat got in some more playing in the faucet!

Catfish!

Hyat in action:

By this time he knew how to turn the faucet on and off and would even stick his head under it!

Mom helping with the bucket:


Our garcious hosts Gene and Lillian:

And here is my light fixture after it got back to Montana and Buck got it installed. I love it!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey sis- That light shade looks great. I am glad you got it!

Whitney said...

I loved seeing all the pictures from your trip. Hyat is adorable and seemed to hvae loved every minute of your adventures. Lots of water play...fun! You also look great--so cute iwth the pop of a belly!