Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time is flying again!

I am currently trying to figure out how it has already been two weeks (okay almost three weeks) from my last post. All I can say is time flies!

In that time span we have had a lot going on. First, we had a wonderful visit from my grandmother Stangby. Wonderful to have her meet Embrie and get to spend some more time with Hyat as he gets older. She was thrilled at how much he was talking, but felt as though he was speaking another language. So we did a lot of interpreting for her. You forget not everyone knows toddler speak - where "s" is often missing and sometimes there is an extra syllable here or there. Regardless, it was great. I even took a couple of pictures I will have to get posted.

After her departure we had a quiet Saturday, then on Sunday Buck hit the road for a week long elk hunting trip... Yup, leaving me with the 2 kiddos! I wouldn't complain, except that Monday morning I was back to work from my maternity leave. That resulted in me being a single mom and heading back to work for my first week. Yikes. The good news is that I have been blessed with A LOT of help from my parents. Then last night Enid even came over from Whitehall and brought us dinner. So I am hanging in there. Heck, its Thursday, so it looks like I am going to make it. Buck is due back Saturday and I have my fingers crossed he returns with something brown that has GIANT antlers... That would certainly make the craziness of my week worth it.

The weather here is beautiful, quickly shifting into fall following an incredible hot spell with record highs. I certainly enjoy the cool mornings and warm, but not hot, afternoons!

Hope this finds you all doing well! Pictures will be coming soon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hope you survive the single parenthood! When Sara was 2 weeks old, Jerry went fishing in Mexico for 8 days. Luckily my sister came and stayed with me for half of it. It was hard though. If the trip hadn't been planned before I was pregnant I wouldn't have let him go. You're a nice wife!