I am getting behind again, so I will try to catch up this week. . . This is recapturing the weekend before last. . .
I am not sure I have mentioned it before on our blog, but Buck is building us a new dining room table. Currently we have a small table that seats four people that Buck and I bought after we first moved to Montana and got sick of eating our dinners off of the coffee table. It has served us well for almost 8 years, but we are seriously outgrowing it. In addition to that our dining room is not the most functional space... Well, it functions as a dining room, but due to door placement and shape we have settled on needing a square table. We also wanted a table that would allow us to have guests over for dinner. So we started looking and quickly determined that a table of our specifications was not readily available and those that were quite pricey. We also knew that my wonderful hubby is very handy and that my dad lives quite close by (though often not close enough) and has a great wood shop. So we designed a table and Buck has set to building it and my has been gracious enough to allow us to use his shop and offer his know-how in the woodworking business. So Buck has been working away in much of his spare time in the evenings and weekends.
All of the above is really just a prelude to saying that lately we have spent a lot of time at my parents house. Which is great, because they usually feed us, my dad has a kegerator that is actually filled with my favorite beer, and they have a really nice patio for sitting in the sun. What more could a girl need while her husband slaves away? Well, that is all really great for me, but we also have to keep Hyat happy and occupied. So I had a great idea that Hyat and I would build a bird house. Not sure why I thought Hyat and I would do it, but it sounded like a good idea. Thankfully, my dad was on board for this one too, as he is the one that designed it, cut the boards, drilled the holes, etc. Hyat and I did shoot a few staples with the staple gun and Hyat got to do some pounding!
Hyat and Grandma enjoying the sun while we get ready to build a birdhouse:
Me shooting some staples:
Hyat shooting staples:
Hyat and Buck in the shop:
I also decided that I would help my mom choose a new paint color for the guest room. So we got some samples from Buck and put them on the wall. I for some reason thought it would be a good idea to let Hyat help too... He only had a small brush, but he did the work down lower - when Buck saw it he just laughed and asked what was I thinking! Hey we will paint over it...or my dad will when he repaints that room!
On Sunday, in addition to working on the table, we also went to the MSU college rodeo (click there if you want to see pictures of the rodeo and not just us in the stands at the rodeo, which is all I have)! with my parents and my friend Karley. Hyat was strutting his stuff with boots and spurs. However, the rodeo started with bucking broncs. At first Hyat was enjoying it, but he was becoming more and more concerned. Then he finally expressed he was concerned that the next time he rode Vern (Karley's horse) that he would get bucked off. We convinced him that the bucking was a game and that horses really only bucked when you wanted them to and that the cowboys just jumped off when they were done playing. Not quite the truth, but it enable him to enjoy the rest of the rodeo and I am pretty sure he will ride Vern again. And, since the rodeo, he has told he is going to ride bucking broncs when he grows up.
Not the best pictures, but proof we were all there!










No comments:
Post a Comment