Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Giddy - Up!

The weekend we built Hyat's swingset, he also got to go ride horses with our friends Karley and Weston! Hyat has been riding with Karley once before when we went to watch them rope last summer. Then for his 2nd birthday they got him his cowboy boots (which he loves)! So on Sunday, Karley called and asked if he would like to go riding with them - with an emphatic yes! he was on his way! Lucky for me Karley was kind enough to take some pictures too!

Weston packing a saddle and Hyat (no hands mom!)

I would comment on Weston's sweet jean jacket, but I know that Buck got it for him and it is sporting the Columbia Paint logo... Buck had one too, but I really don't know what happened to it... I think it mysteriously went missing.

Hyat riding Vern and Weston on Midge... We hear a lot about Vern and Midge these days!
Hyat checking the out the horses.

Hyat riding solo! (and almost smiling at the same time)
Hyat and Karley. Hyat loves this gal! I say it often, but I will say it again - WE ARE SO BLESSED to have wonderful friends that love our kids!
I just adore this photo.
And finally Hyat feeding Vern a treat. . . But not Midge, because I think she is known to bite.

I think it is really wonderful that Hyat gets to have experiences like this with people that aren't his parents, but people that we totally trust. I am not especially fond of horses, mostly because I was not exposed to them much and had some certain mishaps when I was younger (often involving my sister and one of her friends... hmmm, go figure). I am by no means terrified of horses, but I really appreciate Hyat getting to spend time around horse with people (friends that I totally trust) that are totally comfortable around horses and know how to handle them.

And the video... you will just have to turn your computer screen for the first few seconds!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I don't remember any mishaps...well, maybe just 1 or 2! Hyat looks so cute on a horse!