Friday, June 4, 2010

Winding Down - Day 3.... and 1/2

On Sunday morning we woke up and spent a little more time with Mary, Matt and Kennedy. We had planned to float the Big Hole that day, and Matt was kind enough to run shuttle for us, so our truck would be back at camp when we got there. We got on the water right about Embrie's nap time. The first 15 minutes of our float made us question our sanity. I was desperately trying to calm down a very upset and very tired baby girl. She was not thrilled about her lifejacket or the entire situation in general. An upset Embrie needing all of my attention resulted in an upset Hyat. So Buck was rowing and I was juggling two unhappy kiddos. At that point it did not make a lot of sense to be on the water, but we had no option other than to keep going. Embrie finally gave in to sleep and napped for the majority of our float (only to be woken up by Boat stepping on her about 10 minutes before the take out). Once Embrie was snoozing, Hyat and I started fishing. Having no luck, I took over the oars to see if Buck could work some magic. Still no luck. And, well, there aren't going to be any fishing pictures because we got skunked. I was bummed because the weekend before Buck had excellent fishing. However, the river looked good on Friday when we got there, but by Sunday it had come up a decent amount. To put it in perspective, what can easily be an all day float took us 2 hours. I think it is fair to say the river was cookin'.

After floating, we got back to camp and had lunch. (We had packed our lunch thinking we would be on the water a bit longer than we were). Then it was naptime.... After Hyat zipped and unzipped his tent for about 20 minutes we were all able to take a nap. That afternoon I tossed out the idea of heading for home rather than staying another night. However, Hyat insisted that we stay. And I am really thankful that we did. It was wonderful to just hang out and not have anything pressing us. We spent a lot of time down by the river throwing rocks and just hanging out with the kids. It was perfect!

Throwing rocks!
Being cute...
Buck getting in on the action....
Boat wanting to fetch the rocks
Embrie hanging out in our tent the last night

Hyat keeping us entertained (every kid has to do this at some point...doubt this will be the last time - and don't worry they were clean)!

A few videos...

Down by the River 3 from Jenifer Reece on Vimeo.


Untitled from Jenifer Reece on Vimeo.


Untitled from Jenifer Reece on Vimeo.

On Monday morning we packed up camp and started our trip home. First, we headed into Twin Bridges and grabbed breakfast. Then we stopped in Whitehall to see Enid. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. It made me one happy mama! I am so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing family and to live in such a wonderful place!

1 comment:

Aunt Clara said...

Boat chasing the rocks would make a great "Funniest Videos" entry.
Of course, the kiddos are wonderful, too!