We bought Hyat skis earlier this year and since the day we brought them home any time Hyat would see them he would want to go skiing - right then. Since most of the time this was at night or early in the morning when we were trying to get out the door for the day, there was a promise that we would go soon. In order to make that happen, Buck and I finally just took some time off work to try our first day. With Embrie at my parent's house, we loaded up a very excited 3 year old and headed for Bridger Bowl.
Honestly, Buck and I really did not know how our skiing adventure was going to go. Hyat is a very calculated little guy who tends to hit a very high frustration level very quickly if he can't figure something out (not the best genetics from his mama), so there was chance he was either going to love it or hate it. Add to that mix, that neither Buck or I have every taught someone, much less a 3 year old, how to ski...
 |
| Taking little break for a photo op with Mom! |
 |
| Go, Hyat go! And who knew I could ski backward (even if it is only really slow)!? |
 |
| Posing with dad! |
 |
| Taking a break for a treat. There is a chance this Hyat's favorite part of the day! |
 |
Relaxing on the way home after a morning of skiing.
Sweet success! |
The good news is we can call our first day a success... He is not quite ready to ditch us yet, but it won't be long! And Buck and I made some strides in understanding what kind of direction Hyat needed to put it all together.
Untitled from
Jenifer Reece on
Vimeo.
Hyat has loved skiing, so we have managed to sneak out of work a few more times to get him up there. We have even ditched the bunny hill and with hula hoop in hand we have tackled the real mountain. As we head down, all I hear is, "Faster, Mama! Faster!" Yup, I think Hyat is hooked.
No comments:
Post a Comment