Monday, September 26, 2011

New York - What's Next?

The first outing we had was a visit to the Riverhead Aquarium.  It was awesome. I think it was one of my favorites of the trip.  The kids really enjoyed it and it was fun to see my dad so excited to take the kids there and share the experience with them. 

First up were the skates, Hyat loved them and really enjoyed getting to touch them. Grandpa even got food and Hyat was thrilled to feed them, though I am not quite sure he ever understood where their mouths were.  Embrie was a little less sure about the situation, though she did eventually throw them some food.
Hyat enjoying the skates...
 Following the skates we headed over to watch the Sea Lion show.  The kids enjoyed it and it was a good show. It is amazing to see how well trained the animals are. Hyat and Embrie were captivated and enjoyed the dancing the most!
Sweet boy at the aquarium...
Sea lion showing off!
Two little people getting ready for the show.
They are the cutest!
My aquarium photography leaves a bit to be desired...
But we enjoyed all the varieties of crazy fish. I think it left
the kids wondering why Grandpa's fish tank was so boring!



The sharks were Hyat's favorite!
They are menacing - I wouldn't want to swim in there!
Love the reflections...
Closet thing we have to a family picture!
Embrie not quite sure sure about the alligator....
Yup, he's holding an alligator! Okay, it is just a baby with
his mouth taped shut, but it still counts!
There is one happy boy! He loved this!
I think it was about this point we decided it was time for lunch.  We had an awesome time at the aquarium, but for lunch.  Somehow, Buck and I did not coordinate well as we got pushed through the lunch line.  The end result was we paid an arm and leg for lunch and had way too much food.  The good news is no one went hungry.  After lunch we headed to the birds and butterflies....
Embrie checking something out - I heart her!
Stopping for a photo-op.  Hyat couldn't pass up being a PIRATE!
What brother does, she does too.  Our little girl  PIRATE!
And the Grandpa PIRATE!
Hyat holding a bird!
The butterflies were amazing...
This looks like a painting, but it is a real bird. 
Loved the butterflies.... Hyat couldn't understand why they wouldn't
land on him.... I will say he does not even come close to holding still
no matter how hard he thinks he is trying!
Moths can be pretty!

We had a fabulous adventure at the aquarium.  It will definitely be on our list for any return visits!



No comments: