We were recently blessed with the opportunity to take a trip with my family to visit my grandmother in New York I usually stick to just saying Long Island because I realize that most on the west coast have no idea where
Shoreham, NY is! I was incredibly excited to go because my sister and I went many times as kids to visit my grandparents, but it had been a long time since I had the opportunity to go back. It was also incredible that I would be getting to take my kids to see where their great grandma lived and where their grandpa grew up. To top it all of, among the many wonderful adventures we had, I got to be where my dad grew up and hear his stories of his childhood while looking at the very places he was talking about. All in all, it was an awesome trip and I would do it all again in a heart beat.
We were gone for 11 days, so this is going to come at you in pieces! The first day was the trip out there and with all of the talk about our big trip the kids were very excited to go. We had an early morning flight, so we woke them up and loaded them up in the car in their pajamas. We managed to get to the airport, check in, check our luggage and get on the plane out of Bozeman without a glitch! The kids loved flying and they were awesome the entire trip. We met my sister and Jacob in Minneapolis and were on the same flight to NY with them. Once we got to the NY airport, we grab our rental car and started our drive to my grandma's house. I am happy to say our day of travel went without a glitch!
We were thankful to get there, and didn't even mind the rain they were getting. We enjoyed spending time with my family including my parents, my sister and her husband, my grandma and even my uncle Phil!
On day two we had a relaxing day spending time together. We also made our first trip to the Sound. It was still a bit overcast, but plenty warm for this Montana crew to swim!
 |
| There is a head out there swimming along! |
 |
We had to swim out the trampoline! When we were growing up
there was a wooden raft we would swim out to - this is an improvement! |
 |
| Hyat warming up after splashing and swimming! |
 |
| Embrie was happier in the water! |
 |
| Grandma warming Embrie up... |
 |
The kids loved the beach shower! The first couple of days
it was a bit chilly so they loved warming up in the shower
before heading home! We loved getting the sand off of them! |
 |
| BROTHERS! |
 |
| Phil declined swimming with us... and he even stayed out of the rain! |
Our trip was off to a wonderful start! More to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment