Friday, December 2, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

(Way back in October we had some pumpkin picking fun!)

In maintaining a tradition, we headed out to Rocky Creek Farms to hit the pumpkin patch.  As always, we had fun riding behind the tractor and enjoying our time together as a family.  We managed to get Leigh Shelle to go with us - this way she will know what to do once that bun-in-the-oven is big enough to care about pumpkins.
Buck and the kids settling for a ride to the pumpkin patch.
Sweet boys that I love!
And the sweet baby girl!
Boys and their boots...
Leigh Shelle
They are really great about letting kids "drive" the tractor.  I was surprised the first year when Hyat raised his hand to drive and didn't look back at us as he hoped off the trailer and headed for the tractor.  This year Hyat declared he wasn't going to drive, so Embrie would be able to.  We thought that was sweet, but for some reason we were still expecting her to hop off the trailer to go drive.  Just like her brother she couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive and was not the least bit concerned as to where we were. 
Embrie driving the tractor!
Leigh Shelle pumpkin guarding!
Embrie trying to find a pumpkin her size!
Is it this one?
Too Big!
The white pumpkin was just right!
Trying to help her decide...
Me and my sweet girl!
Hyat found one!
(He was not interested in standing still for pumpkin picking pictures -
he had to run to check out all the pumpkins)
Buck wondering why on earth I picked a 25 lbs pumpkin!
Love him!
Me and the kiddos on the way back from the patch!
Couldn't be any cuter!
 I cannot explain why Embrie insisted on carrying a piece of a broken hanger with her the entire time (or her general tendency to carry a random object with her - even to bed), nor can I explain why Hyat is wearing one gardening glove (or his general infatuation with gloves at this time). If you did not notice this in the pictures, just pretend I did not mention their bizarre behavior!

No comments: