In September, I was fortunate to get to catch up with my gals from law school. When I went to law school, I had no idea that I would meet and stay in contact with five wonderful women. When we met (way back when in 2002), I don't think anyone could have fathomed the bond law school and being women practicing law and raising families was going to grant us. Aside from law school, we have been through a lot together. Including, but not limited to, celebrating 3 marriages, birthing 11 children, passing 9 bar exams, 10 moves (3 out-of-state), and more birthdays than I want to count! We really serve as touchstones as we each navigate careers, family, friends, motherhood... Needless to say, hopping on a quick flight to Phoenix to enjoy the luxury of Whitney's parents house was delightful. We missed Winston, but her recent move across the country and even more recent birth of Fisher, we forgave her for her absence.
 |
Whit's parents were really kind to loan us their house for the weekend.
It was absolutely perfect! |
Our first full day the attack of the cactus occurred! Jacey and I had stayed behind while I did exercises for my knee and the others went for hike. When they came back bloody and having seen a rattle snake, I didn't regret my decision! We did embark on a hike on day 2 as well - there was much better success! No cactus attacks and no snakes!
 |
| Aftermath of the cactus attack! |
 |
| Hike - second attempt. |
Most of our days were really spent catching up. Catching up with each other, catching up on rest, catching up on reading, catching up on relaxing. It was delightful! Oh we also enjoyed good food, a few beers and, of course, some margaritas!
 |
| Margarita picture! |
 |
| Enjoying good company and good food! |
 |
| Yup, relaxing! |
Prior to leaving we got the following information from Whitney:
A masseur is going to come to the house on either Saturday or Sunday for $70 / hour. This includes tip. Let me know if any of you want him to work on you, keeping in mind the following:
- The man weighs 400 pounds,
- But he is not stinky or a heavy-breather.
- He gave me the best massage I have ever had in my life,
- But I like incredibly hard pressure to the point of pain.
4 out of 5 of us signed up and I think we would all say that it was one of the best massages we have ever had! It was an experience for sure, but I would definitely go back... I guess that means another trip to Phoenix!
It was a wonderful trip. Just long enough to really relax, but not so long that we had to miss our kids and hubbies to much before heading home. I am so blessed by these women and constantly thankful that we are willing to take time out of "life" together and stay connected!
1 comment:
Oh thank you for posting this! I am smiling at my desk as I just got to re-live the whole trip.
Post a Comment