There has been a significant delay in my blogging, I know. But the delays has been justified (to some extent). I had more pictures to include in this post, but I have NO IDEA WHERE THEY WENT! It is such a bummer to know I took all these wonderful pictures, and now they are nowhere to be found. I would like to blame technology... I know I downloaded them, and don't understand why half of them aren't with the rest. So, with that, here is most of our time in Pennsylvania!
After spending a wonderful time in NY, mt folks and Cindy and Jacob all headed home. Buck and I loaded the kids and our stuff up in the rental car and made the drive to Ligonier, to see wonderful friends Becca and Alex. We were blessed to know Becca and Alex while they lived in Bozeman, and were excited for the opportunity to see them. (Becca is my sweet friend that watched Hyat for me the first day I had to go back to work after maternity leave - she was kind about my tears as I left and sent me more than one picture throughout the day to help get me through)! We had an easy drive through NYC and New Jersey and enjoyed seeing a fair amount of PA. It was a fun experience for Buck and I, totally different than the driving we are used to, but survived the toll roads and enjoyed the rolling hills and tunnels of PA. The kids were especially fond of the tunnels and didn't want to go to sleep for fear of missing one. They did miss a couple because sleep finally won out, but we didn't tell them that.
We were thankful to arrive at Alex and Becca's place! After a day in the car, we were all thankful for the wide open space to stretch our legs. We also enjoyed the views! We picked apples from their tree, played baseball fetch with Maddie, and enjoyed the sunshine and beautiful scenery!
 |
| Cutie patootie |
 |
Baseball fetch - Maddie is serious about her fetching and
appreciates the extra distance the bat delivers! |
 |
| Love her! |
 |
| Picking fresh apples off of the tree! |
 |
| Love him! |
 |
| Pondering life and when it will be his turn with the bat! |
 |
| Buck had to take a turn... You can see Maddie waiting in anticipation! |
 |
| Embrie watching the boys! |
It is so fortunate to have friends that you have not seen for a LONG TIME and yet can so easily slide into comfort in their presence. This was true for Buck and I, but it was also true for the kids. It was amazing to watch both Hyat and Embrie run to Becca to give her a hug when we first arrived. My kids are generally pretty reserved around people they do not see often. It let me know that Becca (and Alex) not only have a special place in my heart, but in the kids hearts too. They welcomed us with open arms, found toys and books for the kids and fed us better than we could have hoped for! Both Becca and Buck are excellent cooks that are at ease in the kitchen creating delicious concoctions, so we enjoyed good food!
 |
| Keeping busy! |
 |
| Hyat enjoying a book from Alex's childhood collection... |
 |
Not the best picture of Buck (I still love you),
but these to "foodies" do great work in the kitchen! |
We did a lot of relaxing at Alex and Becca's house (which was awesome before heading home), but we did have a few adventures. First, there was a swimming pool at Alex's dad's house just up the way. With Hyat's new found love for swimming, we were thrilled. We headed up and dove in. Embrie promptly got stung by a wasp. While I consoled her Becca made a mad dash for some first aid. We discovered that burn ointment works great on taking the sting out and Embrie was back to swimming in no time. The weather was a bit chilly and we found that we were happier watching Hyat's antics as our lifeguard in the hot tub!
 |
| A beautiful pool - we were just warm water people this go 'round! |
 |
| The belly sting! |
 |
Embrie is a warm water girl.
She could soak for hours just like her dad! |
 |
| 1 - Ready to jump... |
 |
| 2 - the jump! |
 |
| 3 - the splash! Hyat was fearless! |
 |
| Sweet, sweet Becca! |
 |
| Yup, happy as a clam or fish! |
Next up, was fishing. Cannot complain about squeezing in a little fly fishing in PA. Lucky for us Alex and Becca are members of a Rod & Gun Club, so the fishing was pretty spectacular and the scenery wasn't bad either. It is very different than Montana, but we really enjoyed checking out the woods and this beautiful creek. This is where my disappointment and delay comes in - I know I had great photos of both Buck and Hyat fishing and catching fish, which are now nowhere to be found! But here is what documentation of our outing I do have!
 |
| The only picture I can find of the boys fishing! |
 |
| Buck getting the job done! |
 |
Poor child always documenting him taking care of business...
That bum is just that cute! |
 |
| Once I started fishing I was determined to catch a PA trout! |
 |
A happy mama enjoying time with friends and family....
and finally getting the rod in her hand! |
 |
| Sweet moments - Hyat "hugging" Embrie |
 |
| Really sweet moments - that hug/love was for real! |
 |
| Aren't they the cutest sweetest kids in all of history?! |
 |
| Look they are sweet on me too! |
 |
| Love, love, love this family photo! |
 |
| Ha! I did it! Trout in my hands meant we could finally go to lunch! |
 |
| Had to capture a classic covered bridge! |
It was an absolutely wonderful time! We are so blessed by great friends... and ending our days to this wasn't to shabby either. Thanks Alex and Becca - don't be too surprised when we come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment