Bowling is one of those things that never sounds like fun, but then it is usually a good time once we go. I think part of the reason that it doesn't sound fun, is because I am really not any good at it. And really, when you're not good at something, why bother? Regardless, we went bowling on Saturday night for Ken's birthday (Ken is one of Buck's employees and an all around good guy). The kiddos went with us and, surprise, we had a good time! I am still not good at bowling, but the thing is - not very many people are, so I don't have to feel too bad about it. It was also a lot of fun because Hyat and Embrie enjoyed it and were able to run around and have something to do. The kids had a lane with bumpers and they rocked it. Hyat liked it enough that when Embrie lost interest, he was more than happy to bowl her turn as well. As a matter of fact, he would pretty much bowl for all of the kids unless one of us reminded him it wasn't his turn. Embrie started out strong, but in the end she was happier running around with her balloon. It was a good night, and hey, bowling isn't so bad...
 |
| Hyat and Jeni rocking some bowling shoes! |
 |
| Kyah helping Embrie bowl... |
 |
Hyat utilizing the ball ramp... He was rocking it with the "granny bowl" and the "cheaters ramp" |
 |
| Embrie and her balloon... |
 |
| Jeni and Embrie rocking their stylish bowling shoes! |
I suppose I should also note, that after a fun night of bowling including ice cream and cake, Embrie Jean is capable of throwing a massive fit. I cannot even remember what set her off, but as we were getting ready to leave the screaming was such a level that I slapped her shoes on and walked out of the bowling alley while Buck said our goodbyes and paid. I laugh now because I am pretty sure there was a time or two I thought "my children will never be like that." Yup, they sure are... Not very often, but they totally are and we even love them for it a little bit!
No comments:
Post a Comment