Hyat started playing soccer this spring and he has loved every minute of it. When we asked him if he wanted to play we got an enthusiastic “YES!” and he started practicing everyday. Pretty stinking cute. And, it only got better.
First, we had discussed that he needed cleats. Well, Hyat has a very small foot for his age. He is still in toddler sizing. So I started out on a mission to get him cleats and could not find a pair that would fit him anywhere. It was a Tuesday and Buck was headed to shotgun league, so I called the final store that might carry cleats. They said they had a pair and they closed at 6. It was about 5:40, Hyat had his first practice the next day and was quite worried about how it would go if he didn’t have “soccer shoes.” So I threw him and Embrie into the car, raced downtown, managed a crazy parking job and we ran to see if we could get to the store before it closed. We made it only to discover, that they didn’t carry cleats that small! But wait, they had one pair that had been a display pair and hallelujah they fit! Practice on the next day was stellar and Hyat was thrilled with his “soccer shoes” (and shinguards).
Our didn’t end with finding cleats, I had signed Hyat up a little bit late and so we were first told he may not have a uniform for his first game. He had been pretty excited for his uniform, so we started prepping him for the idea that they might not have one for him and that he would still get to play. When we got to the field, we went over to the official tent to ask about his uniform. When they said they had one for him, his face absolutely lit up. Then I remembered, half playing is the uniform! We got him changed quickly before his game and he was beaming ear to ear!
Then the real soccer began! And I can say this, I will never drive a mini van, but being a soccer mom rocks. I hate the label, but really, I absolutely love watching my kiddo do something that I have a passion for. I will admit that occasionally Buck has to throw an elbow because I get a little excited (how bad am going to be when we are out of the peewee league?)!
As for Embrie, she was super excited to play soccer too. Since she is still too small, she is easing into the idea of watching Hyat and playing next year. I think that once she saw the ga-zillion people and that she would have to go out on the field without mom or dad, she was more excepting to just watching... for the time being!
And what you all have been waiting for... PICTURES! (Sorry, the lens on the camera was dirty so they are little blurry)!
 |
Hyat's best cheerleader! Don't worry she is usually happier than this at his games! |
 |
| Yes, Hyat is at least a head shorter than all the boys on his team except one! |
 |
| Getting ready for action! |
 |
| Taking the ball to the goal! |
 |
| Moving in on the action! |
 |
| I don't know... appears I need work on my action photography! |
 |
| He falls down, a lot. And, mostly on purpose - not sure what that is about! |
 |
| An attempt at an action shot? Hyat is the short one! |
 |
| Ready! |
 |
| Hyat is helping this kiddo up after knocking him down. |
 |
| And making sure he is okay. |
1 comment:
Never say never on that mini van!
Post a Comment