Hyat has a sweet little buddy from school named Benson. They have play dates and tend to get along really well. To be honest, I am not really good at the whole play date thing. I get it and it is great if you are able to facilitate that with your family... Both of our kids have a handful of play date buddies and we are also fortunate that Buck and my circle of friends works well as our friends kids are forced friends with our kids. Regardless, Hyat and Benson see each other a couple times of week at school, but really enjoy their playtime outside the confines and structure of the school room. I had the opportunity to take Benson and Hyat skiing and it was more fun than I could have imagined. I have mentioned before how much I have enjoyed skiing with my family this year. And this was different, but it was really great to see these two interact together on the ski hill. Their skiing skills were pretty evenly matched too, so that worked to my advantage. Suffice it to say, these two are some silly, happy kids and they had a blast. For them, being together made everything fun - the car ride, the chair lift, the skiing, lunch, the gas station stop, every single moment. For me it was fun to watch my boy, just be a boy. I am also thankful that my dad was willing to tag along and help me along the way. They boys did great, but having an extra set of hands is always awesome.. Oh, and this how I play hookie from work!
| At one point, Hyat fell face first. After he didn't get up right away I hustled over there to check on him and found him just laying there giggling! Silly boy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment