Monday, July 29, 2013

Preschool Graduation

As a mom, I can remember, quite vividly, the very first day I left Hyat to head back to work.  That day, one of my dear friends, Becca, watched him for us.  She sent pictures regularly and she understood when I cried as I walked out the door.  We then had the priviledge of using a nanny until Hyat transitioned into preschool/daycare.  He started at the Early Learning Center when he was about 18 months, shortly before Embrie's arrival.  And I remember that day too - I remember knowing I needed to leave.  Hyat was doing fine, but I also knew as soon as I left there would be tears.  Mama's tears. I managed to leave and their were tears...   This spring Hyat "graduated" from the ELC's preschool program.  I was surprised at how emotional it was for me. I suppose it was recognizing that we are moving onto the next phase of life. He is growing up and it is so wonderful and terrible all at the same time.

Hyat is a great kid and won the hearts of all of his teachers.  We have been blessed by the teachers and all learning and fun Hyat had! They had a fun little ceremony and Hyat got his "diploma".  We are proud of Hyat and excited for this next adventure as our little boy grows!  He has been enjoying summer camp and is going to, gasp!, start kindergarten in the fall!
The big boy with his diploma!
Hyat hanging with dad at the pre-school graduation ceremony!

No comments: