I ran a lot again this past summer... Not as much as the year before, but enough to count. Only this year we did a couple of relays in addition to some of our other races. And I will say that running with a group of ladies is just a lot of fun! In June, we did the Sawtooth Relay - and it was fun and beautiful and a good time was had by all! The Sawtooth is a relay that covers 63 miles from Stanley, ID to Ketchun, ID and you run with a team of 6... only we ran with a team of 5 because one of our gals got sick or pregnant or something... Clearly, I can't remember the reason and the good news she is now healthy with a beautiful new baby boy! Without our 6th gal I had the
First, there was a really great splash park in Ketchum... It was perfect for the kiddos during some of our down time!
The morning of the race we drove from our camping spot over to Stanley for the start. I think we had a 7 a.m. start time, so we got to see the sunrise and drove the road we would be running back to Ketchum!
Our team was the Ladies of the 80s.... And let me tell you, we rocked it. Literally, we were blasting 80s tunes without shame and everyone along the way wanted to be our friends. As we reached the exchanges, they would always park as close to the exchange as possible, because we brought the party with us. Neon + classic 80s tunes is an automatic party! PLEASE NOTE: we also celebrated Karley's 30th birthday while we were there. She rocked her dirty 30 t-shirt and you never would have guessed Karley would be running for her 30th birthday weekend! I love you friend!
![]() |
| The ladies waiting while I was running up a very long hill! |
![]() |
| Lilla and I - glad to be done! |
![]() |
| Neon = party! And there was beer at the finish, that helped! |
It was fun to have a race weekend and have my family along. We took the scenic way home and it was really gorgeous. It also meant we drove back over the road we ran. This is at the top of the pass... the top of the hill I ran up (elevation gain of 1,331 feet in 5.35 miles)! If you look in the distance behind Hyat, I started on that road you see way down there... It was a long haul, but I really don't mind running uphill!
![]() |
| I love these two! I also love Embrie's Bogs on in the middle of summer! |
I know that Buck was there and had a great time fishing! I also know there are more pictures out there from this weekend, but for now this is what I got. I think it is time to register for this race again - who's in?













No comments:
Post a Comment