This year I ran: Ragnar Del Sol (relay race and I ran a total of 21 miles); Run to the Pub 10k; Sawtooth Relay (relay total of 12 miles) Bangtail Divide (24.5 miles, trail run) and the Ridge Run (20 miles and fair amount of elevation)... Trust me, I didn't win any of these races, but it was nice to get out. Our training was significantly less than last year. I have come to accept that is how this phase of life is, you give and get what you can while keeping your priorities straight! I trained as much as I could and enough to know I could finish, and the rest of the time I enjoyed being with my family. We are in a pretty sweet spot right now as a family, we like to do stuff and we got out and did it! Simply put, it takes a lot of time and a lot really early (we are talking 4 a.m. early) wakes ups to train well for a trail run like the Ridge (while you have a family and job). This year our family did a lot more camping, fishing, biking, paddle boarding, playing, than we have been able to do in past years (aka our kiddos are growing up). I was happy to exchange the time for long runs for time spent doing things outside with my family, even if it means the times I posted were not stellar! Sure, I wish I could I have the best of both worlds and run more and have more time with my family, but right now that is not our reality and that is okay!
Here are few pics:
![]() |
| The gang for the run to the Pub... Costumes make running more fun! |
![]() |
| It is literally a run to the Pub with beer (and a party) at the finish line! |
A little further along I had some friends that hiked up to cheer on various people they knew. This is about the 1/2 way mark and we are still trucking along!
And the finish! Phew - made it again. I almost wanted to let my pride get in the way and crop the clock out of this picture. But there it is! We were slower this year, but at the end of the race I was actually still functional. At the end last year, I was completely wiped out! Yes, Lilla are both rocking pink and matching shoes - it wasn't even planned!
I said I wouldn't do the Ridge again this summer (2014), but to be honest, I am thinking about it already! Apparently, I like misery - lucky for me, misery loves company!







No comments:
Post a Comment