Monday, February 15, 2010

Wild West Winter Fest

Almost two weeks ago now we went to the Wild West Winter Fest at the fairgrounds. Our original motivation was to go see our friend Karley and her dog Beal in the dog keg pull. Usually we go and sit for hours in the cold waiting for Beal to take the spoils (she has won the last 2 years). This time we decided to show up late - hopefully just in time to watch Beal. Well, we showed up late, missed Beal and she didn't win. I guess we were her lucky charm. Good thing the keg pull wasn't the only reason for going. We also took Hyat to the petting zoo. We took him last year too, but this year was much more fun!

Petting the calf... they were only 5 days old!


Checking out the chickens... he didn't want to hold one!


The sheep with Karley. This is where we started. He wasn't so sure about petting them, but finally did.


Hyat's favorite was the piglets (below). This sow just sat by and watched. When we walked out she had rolled over to let her piglets eat.... After seeing that, I didn't feel so bad about being a nursing mama.


Checking out the piglets!
Embrie was with us too - I even have a picture to prove it, but I didn't get it uploaded so I will post it later. Actually she had a great time riding around in the Bjorn and smiling at everyone. It was during her naptime, so we are thankful she was so happy.


No comments: