
We had the joy of celebrating Embrie Jean turning three this summer! This was the first year that Embrie really understood that it was her birthday. She knew that there would be a party, cake and presents and that it was all about her. It was such a joy to watch her lavish in love and attention on her special day.
We had a butterfly birthday and celebrated with friends and family at a local park. We were able to celebrate her birthday on the actual day. I don't remember why, but the night before I had been responsible for dinner. And when I say responsible, that means Buck had already made dinner and all I had to do was get it in the oven for the appropriate amount of time. Heck, it was probably on time bake and all I had to do was take it out. Regardless, the long and the short of it is, that when I was checking to see if it was done, I managed to spill a decent portion into the bottom of the oven. Don't ask, I am just talented like that. Well, it was quite done, so as it finished baking, the portion I spilled burned and smoke was pouring out of the oven. Generally, this is not a super big deal; however, I needed to make a cake for my favorite little girl's birthday party the next day. At this point, I decided I would wait, set the oven on self-clean over night, get up early, bake a cake and presto! problem solved. Or so I thought...
On the morning of Embrie's birthday, I did get up early and set to baking her a cake. Only problem was the oven had a error message and was still locked from the self cleaning. After attempting various tricks to get the oven working again, I was left with cake batter and no way to cook it... Not the start to my day I was looking for. Luckily, my mom, as always was willing to help in a pinch and the cake batter went to her house with my kiddo! Phew! (It took us a couple of weeks to discover that our oven had somehow fixed itself and it is working again)!
Embrie was truly showered with love and kindness... And our little girl turned THREE!
 |
| Hazen enjoying the park.... These seats spun and he got it spinning then couldn't get off! |
 |
| Ainsley |
 |
| Graeson |
 |
| Megan |
 |
| Ava |
 |
| Cupcakes! |
 |
| Party favors, cake, cupcakes, pinata, balloons! We are set! |
 |
| Grandma and Patti |
 |
| Myles |
 |
| Big brother (most of the kids got rather wet in the pond)! |
 |
| Unicorn Karley! |
 |
| The sweet birthday girl! |
 |
| Cake and candles! |
 |
| She's three!!! |
 |
| Mmmmm, frosting! (I am pretty sure that she only ate the frosting)! |
 |
| Mmmmm, frosting - following Embrie's lead! |
 |
| Pinata!!! |
 |
| Big brothers are an integral part of getting into the pinata! |
 |
| Sweet, sweet Embrie Jean. |
 |
| She melts my heart... |
 |
| SMILE!!! |
We are so blessed by the this sassy, silly, sweet three year old. We love you Embrie Jean!!!
***And again, Weston was the man behind the camera. Thank you Weston!***
No comments:
Post a Comment