We had stayed at my parents house and here is Hyat when he first came down stairs. I think he was bit overwhelmed by everyone staring at him and not really knowing what we expected him to do.
He finally settled in and got excited about his wagon and his new bean bag chair. We took a quick spin in the wagon then tackled stockings before breakfast. Don't worry Embrie is really not that terrified, her eyes are that wide most of the time!
As a tradition with my family we have also used plain 'ol socks for stockings. Well, a 2T sock (actually Hyat's socks aren't even 2T they are still 6-12 month but that is another story) doesn't work to well. Neither does a 3-6 month sock, so the kiddos got to use full pjs to hang by the chimney! Here is Hyat digging in!
Next we had a delicious breakfast and then finally tackled presents. I am not sure when Hyat transitioned from pjs to just roos, but can only assume it was after a trip to the potty. Full pjs are a lot of work when it is time to head for the potty. We did manage to get his new slippers on him! Hyat brought home some loot in his new wagon like a fly rod and skis! (Yes, the fly rod is for him and not Buck, I think Buck is just anxious for his new fishing buddy)! Hyat wanted to go skiing right then so he took his first spin in the living in roos and slippers! Then we made it outside to go down the hill in my parent's front yard!

The rest of Christmas was pretty mellow just enjoying each other and playing dominoes...
1 comment:
I smile every time I think of Hyat saying "I don't know. Open it!" He was so cute being the little elf!
Post a Comment