On Sunday morning Buck and I decided that with the new snow we had gotten that we wanted to take
Hyat sledding. So we started getting ready. . . Bundling 2 kids and mom and dad just takes some time. Buck got ready and headed out to start shoveling.
Hyat loves shoveling with daddy, so I got him ready and sent him out to help shovel. It was at this point that I was reminded that I had forgotten
Hyat's snow boots at school that week. So he was wearing his galoshes... They keep his feet dry but do very little for warmth! I then
proceded to get myself ready and then
Embrie. By the time we left the house with sleds, dogs and kids both Buck and I were sweating. Me from running around the house with too many warm clothes on and Buck from shoveling. We headed to a nearby park with a large sledding hill, but it was totally crazy, and, well, I just don't trust people to always think and didn't want to find out what happens when a 200 lb man not paying attention hits a 2 year old (maybe I am just a nervous
nelly - I don't know)! So we settled for some smaller hills in some open space near our house. We had fun until
Hyat's feet got cold (go figure)... Then it was time to head home for lunch and naps!
Hyat in the sled!
Hyat and mom packed into the sled (I know I look huge, but I have Buck's down coat on)! One good thing about the hill we ended up at was
Embrie just got to snooze in the car rather than me packing her around. We were right by car so we could see/hear her, but she just took a nice little nap! Too bad we didn't know that before hand I could have skipped bundling her up!

Here is a video of
Hyat sledding... You will just have to turn your computer because I couldn't figure out how to rotate the video for you!
All in all it was a good day and a good weekend! Especially good for me, because I got to ski at Moonlight with my dad on Saturday too! Buck, unfortunately, was stuck working!
No comments:
Post a Comment