Well, Embrie Jean continues to delight us with her beautiful, wonderful self. I sometimes wonder if a certain 2-year-old steals the spotlight a bit with his antics? Embrie is really coming into her own as she approaches the 6 month mark. I can hardly believe we are nearly half way through her first year. She is really a riot and I love that when I walk into her room in the mornings she will just smile and laugh and start kicking anxious to be picked-up. The downfall is that with the ability to express her desire to be picked-up or played with she can also really let you know when she is bummed that you put her down or walked away. We get a lot of smiles and laughs from her - Buck and Hyat are the best at getting her going. She LOVES her big brother and thrives when we gives her attention. Lucky little girl too, because Hyat likes to play with her already.
She has officially started on solid food. Like her brother, we started her with peas! The face seems to say she is not too fond of them, but she eats them like a champ!
She has also mastered the skill of rolling over. Most often this is done when she is diaper-less. I think the bulk of her cloth diapers gets in the way a bit so she is particularly fond of the freedom! Generally she just rolls from her back to her front, but if she gets determined enough she will roll front to back. Her ability to roll has made her a little mobile, as once she is on her belly she will wiggle and squirm and eventually cover some ground!
No comments:
Post a Comment