1. If you ask Hyat how old he is: "too old"
2. He says "I can't" instead of "I don't".... "I can't want broccoli."
3. Still has gorgeous blue eyes.
4. Uses both hands a lot - throws better with his left, but tends to eat with his right.
5. Loves bathtime.
6. Loves to read.
7. Has to have a piece of the satin edge of his blanket to rub between his fingers when he goes to bed.
8. LOVES to play outside.
9. Asks to see Embrie's poop every time we change her diaper.
10. Thinks suckers are pretty fabulous.
11. Loves the older girls (Kyah - 5, Megan - 4, and Karley - 20 something).
12. Enjoys doing projects (painting, stringing beads, coloring, gluing, etc).
13. Is starting to tell stories about what has happened recently including hand gestures and sound effects.
14. He can often be heard saying "goodness gracious" and "dang it"
15. In the morning when he wakes up he will start hollering, "Mom, come get me. Mom, I'm awake, come get me."
16. If you ask him what daddy's name is he will tell you "daddy is a big boy" before answering "Buck!"
17. He knows the letters A, B, C, D, E, H, J, M, R
18. He can count to 10, but will still often skip 4...
A few recent conversations with Hyat...
Driving in from my parent's house after dinner one night.
H: Mom, its dark out.
J: Yes, its dark the sun went down so now it is night.
H: Oh, the sun went to bed?
J: The sun went to bed so now its time for you to go to bed too.
H: Oh.... the sun drives across the sky and goes to bed. But the sun will be back tomorrow?
J: Yup, the sun will be back tomorrow morning.
J: Yup, the sun will be back tomorrow morning.
H: To drive across the sky.
While Buck was gone in Cleveland one night I was trying to nurse Embrie who was being distracted by her brother who was being loud and whiny. After explaining to Hyat I needed him to play quietly for a minute, he started playing quietly like I asked. A few minutes later...
H: Mom, I need daddy to come home.
J: He will be home soon.
H: [walks over and puts his hand on my knee and looking at me] You need daddy to come home too.
Last night putting Hyat to bed we were talking about mommy, daddy and Embrie loving him and him loving us.
J: You know who else loves you?
H: Who.
J: Jesus.
H: Where's Jesus?
J: Jesus is in Heaven.
H: Who put Jesus in the oven!?!?!?
3 comments:
These are PRECIOUS!
Such a sweet little boy...
Priceless!
Post a Comment