While Buck was gone, we had a busy weekend. I ran a 10K - Run to the Pub, in honor of St. Patty's day. Entering this 10K was to be motivation to get my butt out the door and exercise. Since exercise at this point means getting out the door by no later than 5:15 a.m. I need a little motivation. It did get me out the door more often than if I had not entered, so that was good thing. My only goal was to run faster than I did last year. Last year I was 5 months pregnant, so the good news is I did run faster. Not fast, but faster. Summer (my sis-in-law) also ran and she smoked me (but she does work at a gym so cut me some slack)! She actually took 4th in her age and 18th overall for women! Way to go Summer! I have a little something else up my sleeve for motivation in my life, but have yet to commit so I will keep you all posted.
The 10K didn't start until 10:30 and Hyat had a birthday party to attend at 12:30. Hyat and my dad met me at the finish line and we rushed home, I got cleaned up and off we went to Megan's birthday party. By the time we got there I was starving and inhaled about 4 pieces of pizza. Thanks Megan. We had made Megan a tutu and Hyat was really excited to give it to her. It was very cute. Megan is one of the older girls (just turned 4) in Hyat's life that he absolutely adores. Her party was at the Children's Museum, so after pizza, pin the horn on the unicorn, presents and cake, we had some time to play and explore the museum. Hyat had a blast enjoyed the exhibits and other kiddos.
Saturday night we got some snow, so when Embrie went down for her nap Sunday morning Hyat and I played in the snow and got the driveway sholved. Then we had a quiet day at home. After afternoon naps, the kids and I were anxious for Buck to get home. So to distract us we popped some popcorn and headed over to some ponds at Montana State University to feed the ducks. I thought this was a brilliant idea. I had Embrie in the bjorn on my front and Hyat had a bag ful of popcorn. He had a blast feeding the ducks, but Hyat insisted on being inches from the edge of pond. And a 2 year old (even a coordinated one) throwing popcorn inches from water is a disaster waiting to happen. So I found myself holding onto his coat and having this conversation.
H: [throws popcorn] Moma, I can do it all by myself.
J: I know, but I just need to make sure you don't fall in.
H: But, I can do it all by myself.
J: I don't want you to fall in.
.... [repeat] ....
In the end, we finally resolved it by having Hyat kneel/sit at the edge and throw the popcorn. However, that meant he was sitting in mud/duck poop, but he was safe and happy. And, besides I have to do laundry anyway so what is the harm. Then we headed home for pizza and to wait for daddy to come home! Buck did make it home safe and sound, but only after we had all headed to bed. Regardless, we are glad he had fun, but even gladder (is that a word?) to have him back!
We had snow last night, but the sun has come out and melted the majority of it. We are planning to go fishing on Sunday. So here is hoping for some nice weather!



No comments:
Post a Comment