Friday, June 19, 2009

A Big First Day!

This is Hyat on his first day of "school!"


Two weeks ago he started at Heritage Christian Early Learning Center. What amazes me about this picture is how Hyat looks like such a boy - he is growing up so fast. Hyat has previously spent a couple of days a week with a Nanny, but we had been looking at other programs. He has been on the waiting list for Heritage Christain since October and got accepted this month. It is a great Christian based program, but what we really love about it is that it combines structure with learning through play. He has 8 kids in his classroom with 2 teachers. The first day he was a little hesitant for about 15 minutes then he really took to the other kids. (Mom had a little harder time!) He has gone 4 days know and loves his teachers and the other kids. It is really fun to watch him learn, explore and interact with the other kids. His class ranges from 1 year to 2 and a 1/2...

And right before leaving the house...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

He's so cute. I can't believe how fast they grow. But each stage has great things about it! I just hope I can say that when they are teenagers.

Whitney said...

Wow, you are right...he looks like a little boy! And school...I mean where in the heck does the time go? The school sounds wonderful!