We rented a house to meet at outside Dillon, MT near Elkhorn Hotsprings... Here are our digs:
And here is a taste of our view!

Hyat and I got ready to leave Bozeman and then hit the park on our way out of town before getting in the car for our drive. We then headed over to Dillon where we had lunch in a park together and hit the Patagonia Outlet. Much to our delight they were having a sale and everything was 30% off. Buck did the best, but we all - even the baby on the way - got a little something. Then we were off to the house to meet the rest of the crew. We were the first ones there and snuck in a little nap before the rest of the crew arrived.
The rest of the weekend was spent with kiddos playing and mom's catching up. We could catch up not only on our lives and the all the busyness and goings-on, but also have great time talking about maintaining work/life balance and meeting our professional goals and being great parents and spouses and friends. I can honestly say that these gals help me maintain a balance in my life I couldn't do without. They are the kinda friends that will praise you when you deserve it and still call you out if they see something going astray. I can only hope that all women have at least friend they can connect with on this level.
Now the kiddos... We had 7 kiddos there: Graden with her 2 daughter Aase (almost 8) and Astri (4). They were our amazing helpers - always willing to lend a hand with the smaller ones! Jacey with her daughter Morgen (2); Me with Hyat (20 mos.); Mary with her daughter Kennedy (17 mos); Winston with her daughter Lucy (8 1/2 mos) and Whitney with her son Flynn (almost 8 mos)! Here is a picture of the whole crew (minus Flynn because he was down for a nap)!

The littles did a great job playing together - unfortunately I just did not take too many pictures. But here are a few:
Playing in the rocks...
Other than just hanging out at the house enjoying summer we also made it to Elkhorn Hotsprings for a quick swim. All the kiddos did great and the moms got to relax a bit too. I failed to take any pictures, but it was a great little side adventure for us.
While Hyat and I were gone, Buck took the opportunity to get out and fish. He made another trip over to the Big Hole as reports were that it was fishing well. The fishing was little slow, but sounds like he had a good time. I will try to get him to post some of his fishing photos in the near future (as he can post on here too)!







2 comments:
I knew I should have gone to law school! Then I could hang out with such fun ladies!
Awesome cabin. That's so cool that you have such great friends and you got to hang out. I'm glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment