The first thing I have to do is admit that I totally dropped the ball! I did not manage to take a single picture on Father's Day. Ooops! Luckily we still had a great day...
The day started with letting dad sleep in and Hyat and I made breakfast. Well, Hyat helped take a multitude of utensils out of the cabinets and drawers while I made breakfast. We had pancakes with fried apples, eggs, and sausage. Since the chef gig is usually Buck's thing I was pretty proud of myself.
After breakfast we just spent some family time laying around the living room watching Hyat play. The weather was in an unpredictable stage - seriously threatening rain or sun and could go either way in less than 5 minutes. We were lucky and about an hour after breakfast we decided it was going to clear to up so we packed up and headed out for a hike. We had a nice hike in the Bridger Mountains. We spent about the first 10 minutes with some cloud cover then the sun came out and it was beautiful. Hyat did a lot of walking to. Though he does a great job walking there is also a lot of stopping for rock and stick throwing and of course just plain old playing in dirt!
After our hike Buck was kind enough that we swung by my mom's house to help her fix a sprinkler, but then she bought us lunch in return!
Then it we headed home and Buck and Hyat both took naps while I made a Father's Day cake and got dinner started. We then had Summer and Nate and his family (Tammy and their 2 girls Kia and Bella) over for surf and turf (crab and steak). We had a great evening together.
Though I am bummed that I forgot to take pictures, at the end of the day all that really matters is that Buck is an excellent dad and Hyat and I (and baby #2) are lucky to have him! We love you Buck, and had a great day honoring you! Thanks for all you do!
No comments:
Post a Comment