Ever since Bozeman has passed its "urban chicken" ordinance I have spent a lot of time trying to convince Buck that we need chickens. Really I just want the fresh, delicious eggs with real yellow yolks. (Honestly, the best "payment" I have ever gotten as an attorney was some farm fresh eggs)! He just reminds me how messy chickens are, that they really are not always friendly, and that we have to dogs that might not get along well with birds in the yard. So the next best solution is to convince some friends to take the plunge! Our friends Brett and Ashley recently got some chickens, which started with their going to "look" at the baby chicks for sale. Buck help Brett build a chicken coup and we have taken the kids out a few times to the chickens and help name them. Once our kiddos named the chickens, Brett and Ash had a new commitment to keeping them alive! Good luck (and can't wait for our eggs)!
Hyat took to the chicks pretty quick and loved holding them. He would even catch them to pick them up. Embrie was not sure at first and when I first tried to tack a picture of her, all I got was her running away. She finally came around at the end and started holding them!


No comments:
Post a Comment