Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Actual Birthday

Since we had Embrie's birthday party on the Sunday before her birthday, we couldn't pass up celebrating a little as a family on the actual birthday day. Mostly that just meant more cake and opening a present from mom and dad.

Hyat got done with his dinner before Embrie, so we let him have a cupcake. To him having a cupcake meant eating all of the frosting off and calling it good. I am sorry sweet girl, but we couldn't pass up just re-frosting it and letting you have it. Embrie dove right in and did a better job of eating it than her big brother.



In then end, I think she wore as much as she ate, but I suppose that is how it is suppose to go.

We decided to get Embrie a tent for your birthday. I second guessed our pick when I was purchasing it and noticed it was labeled for 3+ years. We got it anyway. I am so thankful we did - Embrie loves it. She loves crawling in and out of it... and Embrie heading up the tunnel after her brother is definitely the fastest we have seen her crawl. Hyat loves the tent too. That makes it even better for Embrie because that means she gets to share it with him and gets just a little bit more of his affection. Often Embire will be inside the tent and Hyat will shoot the ball in the top. Once the ball lands Embrie will just be giggling as she clutches it because she knows Hyat will be coming in to get it from her! The first night we set it up was the most I have seen Embrie and Hyat truly play together. It warmed my heart to see my two kiddos smiling together!








Happy Birthday Embrie, we enjoyed sharing this special day with you!

1 comment:

Aunt Clara said...

What a wonderful tribute to your baby girl! It is so beautiful it made me cry. This is something she will treasure forever.