We celebrated the 4th of July with friends and Hyat had a blast watching fireworks and getting to handle a sparkler. The only problem is that it does not get dark around these parts until after 10 p.m., so bedtime arrived far prior to the mighty fireworks shows. The kids stayed up late, but were ready for bed before the main festivities, so I think we were all in bed by 10. Thankfully, they sleep well and slept through our neighbors fireworks show.... they fire off A LOT of fireworks. The next day they are always out cleaning up from the festivities of the night before, but for a couple of weeks Hyat continued to find random bits of fireworks that had made it into our yard.
Hyat with a sparkler:
The next weekend I ran a 10k with my friend Jen - Scramble for Ethiopia. It was her first race ever and she did awesome. I won a drawing and even scored a massage out the deal. It was a great race - I manged by personal best, though it pales in comparison of what some of my "runner friends" are capable of. I am thankful to Buck for making it work so I could run. He was supposed to have the day off, but because he is a manager and he has to pick up where any employee leaves him hanging, he had to work that day. With a 7:15 start he was left with the kids, took them to work just before 8, got things rolling at work, then snuck out of work in time to meet me at the finish with the kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment