So Monday morning we headed out and caught the train at Rockwood.
We taught Hyat the signal for stopping the train and he worked the magic... Then all day people were talking to him about stopping the train for them and he, being generally shy, would get embarrassed. The look on my dad's face is because it took forever for the engineer to whistle the stop. (There is also a video at the end)!
After getting our harness on and getting set to head out Buck and I are pretending like we like each other.
The first photo op - Cindy and Jacob were Soaring with us too!
Sweet Embrie Jean being her sweet self in the golf cart my dad was driving for the day!
One of the first lines - they call this the switchback there are three lines going back and forth so you pass over one another. You can see me just leaving the tree and Buck down below. My sister was the third going on this section at the same time.
That's me upside down over the river!
There I go again...
The last section was about a 1/4 mile hike up and then the zipline was equally as long... It was awesome. I would have done it again for sure! There was one spot where they hoisted you up to about 100 with a helicopter hoist... this is looking up at where we are headed. Very cool.
The Beggrows have a daughter named Kiera that is just a smidgen older than Hyat, but they had a blast hanging out together. They played in the sandbox, threw rocks in the river, looked at bugs, and got to wave at us while we were in the trees. It was great to get to see them out on the course. We also had lunch there (a 4 course meal) and Hyat was able to have lunch with us. My dad sent my mom and he was kind enough to hang at the lodge with Embrie who fell asleep when I stopped in to nurse her.
The whole gang before we departed in front of the lodge (you can see Kiera peeking in too).
My sweet folks recovering from all the kid chasing on the ride out.
Before we left on the train Buck had commented that Hyat was certain to fall asleep. I said I didn't think so with all the excitement. I was dead wrong (which I don't admit very often). The classic rocking motion and he was out in minutes, if not seconds.
After getting back to town we went to my favorite place to eat in Durango - Griegos where we all met up with the Hyders. So good. Then Buck headed out to get in a little fishing with Aaron and I took the kids back to Waynes. Erin and Emma came out so Hyat and Emma could "run around" because we wouldn't let them run around in the parking lot at Griegos. All in all a day worth writing home about!
Hyat stopping the train (once again you will have to turn your computer screen because I always hold the camera the wrong way)!
D&SNG Rockwood from Jenifer Reece on Vimeo.
A glimpse of Buck Soaring:
Untitled from Jenifer Reece on Vimeo.
1 comment:
So awesome! My brother and his family have done that. Can't wait to do it myself! So jealous that you're in D-town. Not making it there myself this summer. It makes me sad. Matt went while I was in California. Lucky kid!
Post a Comment