The weekend before last (that means I am playing catch up again), we decided to do some creek fishing. This is part of our continued effort to share one of our passions with our children. Since the kids get a little maxed out when they are on the boat for too long (particularly Embrie considering her hatred for her lifejacket), I suggested going creek fishing. Just remember this was my idea. So Sunday morning we packed up and headed out. When we got to where we were going it was a bit cooler than we had anticipated. Though we weren't quite as prepared for the kids as we would have liked to be, we knew the sun would reach us quickly and it would be plenty warm so we headed for the water. Our first stop on the creek required some wading. Buck was carrying Hyat and I had Embrie in the backpack. To begin with, the water was colder than was desirable - an unfortunate circumstance considering it was August! We started fishing. Buck was working along with Hyat and I was creeping along behind him. Suffice it to say that I was merely inching my way up the creek (it was cold and slick and I had a baby on my back, yadda, yadda, yadda). Buck had crossed the creek and it eventually came to the point that I needed to cross to. I told Buck I wasn't sure I could, but started to make my way. It did not go well. Did not go well in the I fell down in the middle of creek kind of way. Embrie was totally okay and barely got one leg wet. For me, on the other hand, it hurt. It was cold. I was wet. I was mad. I just had to remind myself that I wanted to be there and this was my idea. So even though I wanted to cry and maybe even pout a little - I didn't. But I did I let Buck wade out and just help me the rest of the way across. After making it to the other side it quickly became clear that we were going to have to turn around and wade back out. We headed back out and headed up the creek a little farther. There the creek mostly followed along the road and saved me from any more wading that day. From there on out we had a blast with Hyat balancing fishing with rock throwing and running up and down the road. Embrie was a trooper riding in the backpack and crawling around in the dirt. Eventually, lunch time was calling, so we packed up and headed into Livingston to
Mark's In and Out. - A favorite summer eating spot (burgers, onion rings and cherry Cokes that can't be beat)! All in all it was a good day. . . That night Buck had to dig gravel out from under my big toe nail and for nearly 2 weeks I have had ridiculous bruises from my little spill. Oops!
Buck and Hyat working their way down the bank to do some fishing.

Hyat knew he was going to run in a race soon (post coming), so he kept running up and down the road practicing for his race... He wasn't too interested in holding still for pictures.

He would run up to me and tell me "I'm tired, I've been running for 7 hours!"

Embrie playing alongside the creek - always the trooper... She didn't nap much in the morning. At one point, Buck had her in the backpack and she fell asleep, she was so passed out she was literally hanging half way out of the pack limp as noodle.

Checking out the fish they caught - I love these 2 boys!

This spot produced... Buck, Hyat and I all pulled a fish out of here (nevermind that I also missed a few more). I love fishing spots like this where you get to watch the fish swim up and take your fly!

All and all it was a good day! I love my family and our little Reece adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment