There were two races - both "sprint triathlons," but one as a beginner course with a 300 meter swim and the other with a regular longer swim. I was competing in the regular course and my friend Jen was doing the short course.
All the swimmers on the beach:
I made it - coming out of the water!
The transition area was not set up well for spectators, so since everyone watched me swim and come out of the water, they didn't see me leave on my bike.... Unfortunately, they also missed me come in on my bike. But here I am heading out on the run!
And its over! It was a fun race, and I would love to do it next year. I am trying to convince my sister that this is the perfect place to start her triathlon career in August of 2011!
A final picture with the kids... They are great support, not only because Hyat is the greatest fan yelling "Go! Mama go!" when he sees me, but when I would need a little a motivation I could just think of them waiting for me.
Also, a HUGE thanks to my parents and Cindy and Jacob for putting up with all the CRAZY (that would be the logistical nightmare of getting there, finding a place to stay, dealing with dogs, juggling kids schedules, etc) so that I could do this!





No comments:
Post a Comment