It was a wonderful, only a bit crazy. The day started out with my friend Jen and I running another 10k. It was a good course, and a bit more challenging than the others I have run this summer including a hill that last about 1.5 miles. But we were satisfied with our time. Unfortunately, Buck had to work that morning, so our friends Karley and Weston stepped in and saved the day. Meaning they stepped in and helped take care of our kids.... This required Karley to get out of bed early, which is a big deal any day and with her preggo belly is a bigger deal now. I geuss we know she love us!
Karley and Weston picked up Hyat, Embrie and Megan (Hyat's friend and Jen's daughter) and met us at the race finish. They also brought me my race number which I had forgotten in the push to get out of the house and to the 7 a.m. race start! So I got to be an official finisher of the race. We then had a bit of a fiasco regarding getting some breakfast before the kids run that ended in us getting IHOP to put all our meals in takeout boxes and racing for the race start. Hyat and Megan participated in a 1k kids run and then we took in the Sweet Pea Parade. After melting into the asphalt at the parade for awhile we headed home for lunch and naps.
Hyat and I before the run...
Megan and Jen taking in the parade
Hyat loved the firetrucks and tractors!
At first Hyat wondered what it was all about then he figured out they threw candy and he thought was was pretty cool...
There is the tractor!
It was a good day. We were sorry that Buck couldn't join us for the morning. But, we finished the day off by enjoying a deliciuos dinner at John Bozeman's Bistro with Karley and Weston while our friend Patti watched the kiddos.












No comments:
Post a Comment